The Ohio State University Health Plan is here to help you improve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The Weight Management resources will help you develop a long term lifestyle to improve your overall health, well-being and quality of life by maintaining a healthy weight through diet, exercise and mindful intentions.
What you need to know
Through the OSU Health Plan Weight Management resources, you will learn what weight management is, gain an overview of how to calculate your body mass index, learn how and why it is important to maintain a healthy weight and have the ability to connect with the Health Plan Wellness Team.
BMI Weight Management Overview
In this self-guided weight management BMI overview you will learn what a healthy body mass index is and how to calculate your own. General nutrition guidelines and optimal portion sizes are outlined to assist you in reaching and maintaining your ideal healthy weight. Next, you will be introduced to the recommend exercise guidelines and learn about the benefits of engaging in routine cardio, strength and flexibility training. Finally, you will learn about hydration, sleep and mindfulness and be able to create your own smart goals to support your journey to achieving your own healthy lifestyle.
Resources to get started
Additional content and resources includes printable materials to track caloric intake, create a customized schedule to jump start your healthy routine and a SMART Goal outline to begin the intentional process of thinking about and writing out goals you wish to achieve.
- Daily Fuel Log. This will help you track your daily caloric intake to allow you to understand your calorie consumption and make the necessary adjustments to help you reach your goals.
- Time Finder. Fill in your daily schedule to see where you have an extra block of time. This will help you create a customized schedule to jump start your healthy routine.
- Creating a SMART Goal. This outline will help you create and set meaningful goals. The act of writing out your goals will assist you in setting clear intentions and give you a road map to help guide you toward success.
- Meditation Apps. Check out the most recent list of apps available to download.
Additional supporting handouts from accredited sources outlining multiple areas of wellness.
- ACLM Lifestyle Medicine Nutrition
- ACLM Adult Plate (Plant Based)
- ACLM Lifestyle Activity
- ACLM Lifestyle Stress Reduction
- ACLM Lifestyle Sleep Health
- ACLM Take Time For Self Care
- How to Start Health Restoration
Online Educational Programs
A variety of educational videos are available to guide your weight management goals. Search by topic on the Classes and Events page for videos related to healthy eating, active living, weight management, and more.
The Ohio State University Health Plan offers additional weight management resources through Your Plan for Health (YP4H). Explore YP4H for weight management resources at no cost, shared cost and OSU research studies related to Weight Management.